Scripwriting 101 with Greg Woodland
In this workshop for aspiring screenwriters, writer/director and founder of Script Central, Greg Woodland, will lead you through these essential elements of a successful script:
- Genre and tone: what kind of movie am I writing? Audience expectations.
- Building Characters. Character vs characterization.
- the 3-Act structure. Key plot points
- Conflict - there's no drama without it.
- Finding your premise and theme - what's it all about, really?
- The cherry on top: Dialogue - text and subtext.
- Standard script formatting - (who cares what it looks like if it's a great story?!)
- Outlining your story. The low-tech solution: index cards
- Screenwriting IS Rewriting (Don't hate the rewrites - Dealing with feedback.)
Turn your dreams into reality
Saturday 6 March 2021
Online via Zoom
Time: 2pm - 4pm (AEDT)
Cost: $75 members | $90 non members
Your guide to the future
Greg Woodland has been a script developer and consultant for Australian film funding bodies and the Australian Writers Guild for 25 years. He is the founder-director of leading Australian script service, Script Central. As writer/director Greg’s award-winning short films and documentaries screened nationally and internationally at over 60 film festivals and many TV channels.